Since graduating from a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (with Honours) from Monash University, Claire has gained years of experience in a wide variety of settings including clinical nutrition, industry and private practice. Claire has previously held the role of clinical Grade 2 gastrointestinal dietitian at a major public hospital, where she worked closely with specialist doctors and cared for complex inpatients and outpatients for many years.
Through her clinical experience, Claire has developed a strong interest in gastrointestinal nutrition, thus began her journey in the private setting, working for various specialist gastroenterologists in the eastern suburbs and continuing to care for clients with a range of digestive disorders.
Her areas of interest include:
- Irritable bowel syndrome and implementing the Low FODMAP diet
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s Disease [Exclusive enteral nutrition and Crohn’s disease exclusion diet] and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) and food elimination diets
- Food chemical intolerance and sensitivity (salicylates, amines, glutamates, preservatives)
- Coeliac disease
- Liver disease and optimising liver health
- Chronic constipation, diarrhoea or bloating
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Nutrition optimisation pre and post gut surgery
- Enteral nutrition – Gastric and jejunal home tube feeding (e.g. NGT, PEG)
- Weight management, maintaining a healthy heart and blood lipids
- Healthy eating advice, including increasing plant diversity and fibre
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Achieving nutritional adequacy on a vegan and vegetarian diet
Claire is passionate about translating evidenced-based nutrition science into practical advice. She strives to provide a relaxed, non-judgemental and supportive environment for her clients and utilises individualised, client-centred counselling skills to achieve results. She works very closely with clients to create positive, lasting relationships with food and will help empower you to make healthy, sustainable food and lifestyle changes long term.
When not working, you will find Claire spending time with her friends and family (including her two adorable labradoodles), doing Pilates, listening to nutrition podcasts and going to the beach!
Certifications & Qualifications:
- Current active member of Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA)
- Registered as an Accredited Practising Dietitian
- Member of Dietitian Crohn’s Colitis Australia Network (DECCAN)
- Member of Dietitian’s Gut Brain Interaction working group (DGBI)
- Health professional member of Coeliac Australia
- Low FODMAP certified dietitian – successfully completed ‘Monash University Low FODMAP diet for IBS’ course and FODMAP Institute ‘IBS Management: The Low FODMAP diet’ course
- Completed InsideOut Institute Essential eating disorder training course for clinicians (as recognised by NDEC)
- Completed Modulife training
- Advocate for Health At Every Size (HAES)
- Presented at virtual conference events (Free From + Allergy)
- Published journal abstract which was presented at the DAA conference
Monday and Friday